||Wolewheat eggless almond cookies||
We normally don’t eat cookie everyday. Its very rare when we feel like having cookie. So for the days I feel like having, I simply bake one! I bake these and it lasts for a week. Since most of my recipe revolves around my son, this one is no different. I have used wholewheat flour so that we can relish these guilt free. These cookies are very easy to make, with very few ingredients and yes super fast! They came out very crispy and just perfect for us!
▪ 1 cup whole wheat flour
▪ 1/2 cup white sugar or 3/4 cup brown sugar (I used brown)
▪ 15-20 almonds sliced or randomly cut
▪ Pinch of cinnamon (or cardomom, I prefer cinnamon)
▪ 1/2 tbsp baking power and baking soda
▪ 1/2 cup low fat butter
▪ 1/2 cup milk ( I used skim milk)
▪ Preheat oven 370f
▪ Mix dry ingredients and add butter
▪ Mix with hands and add milk little by little to make a soft dough
▪ Let is rest for 20 min
▪ Divide into four parts and using rolling pin make 1/2″ thick circle
▪ Cut desired shape and lay on baking tray. This time, my little one picked a star!
▪ Bake for about 12-14 min.
▪ Let it cool and relish the goodness of wholewheat almond cookies.
▪ Store in an airtight once cooled down.