Roasted tomato pasta sauce
– with garlic, black pepper and basil
With the aroma of oven roasted tomatoes and dash of whole pepper and garlic, basil completes the flavor of this freshly prepared pasta sauce. Without any preservatives, this sauce lasts for few days when prepared and works as a pefect base for pizza as well.
I’ve not really made this sauce smooth and there is a lot of texture of crushed pepper and garlic in it to keep your taste buds alive through your meal.
(Makes two serving for 2-3 people)
▪ 5-6 medium sized tomatoes
▪ 3-4 cloves of garlic
▪ 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
▪ 2 teaspoon of fresh basil leaves
▪ 1/4 teaspoon sugar
▪ 2 teaspoon olive oil
▪ Salt and peper to taste
▪ Preheat oven to 375F
▪ Spray oil on tomatoes or brush with olive oil
▪ Sprinkle some salt and bake for 8-10 minutes
▪ Once little roasted and you get an aroma, remove from oven and let it cool for sometime. Medium chop the tomatoes.
▪ In the meantime, crush pepper coarsely with mortar and pestle or rolling pin. Do not fine coarse the pepper.
▪ Crush garlic as well.
▪ In a pan, heat oil and add the crushed garlic and pepper.
▪ Saute garlic for sometime and then add tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and pinch of sugar.
▪ Cook for 10-12 minutes.
▪ Finally add crushed basil.
A fresh roasted tomato pasta sauce is ready. Relish with your favorite pasta!