Crispy yet melting spinach, beans and tofu cutlet are a perfect snack for evening or main course with some salad and bread. Its very simple and a delicious recipe with basic spices like salt and pepper. I prefer to serve with sour cream tossed with some fresh juicy peppers. I have named it heart because my little one asked for this particular shape. This particular one is fried but it tastes awesome when baked as well. Hopefully I’ll update with some baked one pictures when I prepare it next.
▪ 1 cup spinach leaves
▪ 1/2 cup green beans
▪ 1 cup grated tofu
▪ 2 slice whole wheat bread crumps
▪ 1 grated medium boiled potato
▪ 1/2 cup semolina (suji, I use thick one to get a nice texture on cutlets)
▪ Salt and pepper to tatse
▪ 1 teaspoon Crushed basil leaves
▪ Sour cream and 1teaspoon chopped peppers for serving
▪ Preheat oven to 375F, of you are baking
▪ Steam spinach and beans together for five minutes and refresh in cold water
▪ Finely chop the beans and spinach (I prefer using electric chopper
▪ Mix chopped beans and spinach, breadcrumbs, grated potato, tofu well
▪ Add salt and pepper to taste
▪ Add crushed basil leaves
▪ Mix well and make the cutlets of your desired shape. I chose hearts!
▪ Sprinkle semolina lavishly on a plate and coat the cutlet well from all sides.
▪ After coating I again prefer to reshape in the mould, to get a perfect shape
▪ Preheat oven to 375F
▪ Brush the cutlets with some oil or use an oil spray
▪ Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done, flipping in between.
▪ Since the baking time differs with every oven, keep an eye on it.
▪ Heat the oil from medium to high side (low temperature will cause the cutlet to splitter)
▪ Deep-fry until golden brown
▪ Finely chop peppers and garnish the sour cream. Serve hot and enjoy the simple flavors and the bestest vegetable cutlet!
Enjoy ! ♡