On a weekend, when u don’t want to cook much but you want a healthy and nutritious meal for yourself and your little one – Anda(egg)roll seems now to be in our top favorites.
I generally don’t eat eggs and my son never liked it too but few weeks ago it all changed for him. We were in New York and he tasted egg roll at a kebab corner – he just loved it and had it almost everyday for the week when we were there. So egg then became a regular item on our grocery list and now I make egg rolls almost two to three times a week. The way I make it changes depending on meal in which we or he want and the availability of my other ingredients.
Today he wanted egg roll for dinner and I had almost all vegetables. So this comes with lots of juicy peppers, spring onion, olives, cheese and some herbs. I do with Indian flatbread but you can do with tortilla wrap or a taco wrap too.
Again it’s a very simple recipe straight from my kitchen, suited as per our taste! Am sure if you are a veggie lover and like eggs, you are going to love it. Its a great kids lunch box recipe too, where they enjoy goodness of egg and wholewheat chapati (flatbread)and nutritious vegetables!
|Ingredients| – to make one roll
▪ 1 Indian flat bread or any flatbread of your choice
▪ 1 small bowl of finely chopped mixed peppers and spring onion (I used green, red, yellow and orange)
▪ 2 teaspoon cheese or as per taste
(I used three cheese mix )
▪ 2 teaspoon olives sliced
▪ 1 teaspoon chives or your favorite herbs
▪ Salt and pepper to taste
To make a indian flatbread
▪ Take 1/2 cup whole wheat flour. All little salt and 1tea spoon of oil and mix by hands or dough maker.
▪ Knead the flour with cold water, approx 1/4 cup
▪ Allow it to rest for 30 minutes or so. Dough should neither be too soft nor too hard.
▪ Whisk eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
▪ For Indian flatbread, take a small ball of approximately 11/2″ – 2″ of the prepared dough and roll out to 8″ diameter dusting with flour
▪ Heat a pan and cook the indian flatbread and once semi cooked, pour the whisked egg.
▪ After a minute, sprinkle all the vegetables on top and sprinkle cheese, salt and pepper to taste, sliced olives and chives
▪ Let it cook on medium heat so that egg is well cooked.
▪ Once done, flip and cook from the other side until egg
is completely cooked. If you have used indian bread, let it cooked till you the crispness.
▪ Roll and serve with your favorite dip, though you won’t need a dip with it