This is a quick recipe for anytime snacks, works good for any event at home and is a hit with kids too!! You just need any bun, some cheese, veges and herbs and 10 mintues! 🙂
I baked Multigrain buns few days ago and still had a few left! So I made two perpendicular cuts on top of the buns, filled it with cheese and veges and baked for sometime. A nice quick cheesy healthy snack is ready!!
You can make this with any buns/dinner rolls you like, though small buns would be great for this!
▪ 6 small buns/dinner roll
(You can find the Multigrain bun/dinner roll recipe here
▪ 1/2 cup cheese of your choice
▪ 1/2 cup finely chopped peppers
▪ 1 teaspoon butter
▪ Salt and pepper to taste
▪ 2 teaspoon chives or herbs of your choice
▪ Chilli flakes to sprinkle
▪ Preheat oven to 350F
▪ Cut the bun from top crisscross about half deep (don’t cut through).
▪ Fill with some cheese, add 2 teaspoon of vegetable in each bun and again sprinkle some cheese, salt and pepper. Add a little butter from top!
▪ Bake for about 8-10 minutes. Keep a check after 6 minutes because baking time differs from oven to oven.
Once the cheese melts, the cheesy bun is ready!
▪ Sprinkle some chives and chilli flakes or your favorite herbs and serve.