Scrambled cottage cheese (paneer ki bhurji) is a very famous Indian dish prepared with onion and green chilies, tastes good in breakfast with bread or lunch or dinner with Indian flatbread. Its a 10 minute healthy dish full of protien. I now replace cottage cheese with tofu. My little loves it in any way, either as a sandwich or a roll or seperately with Indian flatbread. You only need tofu, onion, green chilli and some basic spices.
▪ 1 cup scrambled tofu (I prefer doing it by hand)
▪ 1/2 cup chopped onion
▪ 2 teaspoon finely chopped green chillies
▪ 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
▪ 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
▪ 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and coriander powder each
▪ 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
▪ 2 teaspoon oil of your choice
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Cilantro to garnish
▪ Heat oil in a pan
▪ Once hot, add asafoetida and Cumin seeds
▪ After few seconds, add green chillies and chopped onion
▪ Fry until light brown on medium heat
▪ Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Roast for few seconds and add scrambled tofu.
▪ Add salt to taste and mix well.
▪ Cover and let it cook for 5-8 minutes.
▪ Finally increase the heat and keep stirring for a minute.
▪ Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with bread of your choice.
For the recipe of Indian flatbread