With the freshness of cucumber and yogurt, this accompaniment is perfect on any summer day!
I’ve been eating Kheere ka raita (cucumber yogurt) for years and years now, atleast once during a day. Its refreshing and this condiment tastes good with almost any Indian cuisine and is a five minutes job!
Cucumbers are summers best friend. Though I enjoy this in winters as much as I do in summers. You can make it with Greek yogurt and can even use as a dip with your favorite starters or with any curry and flatbread. Its also famous as tzatziki sauce (little thick) with gyros and Mediterranean food but the flavors that we use are different and smells different too!!
▪ 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped or grated (as per your choice – I use finely chopped because my family prefers that)
▪ 1 cup chilled yogurt
▪ 1 teaspoon finely choped green chillies
▪ 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
▪ 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
▪ Salt and pepper to taste
▪ Dry roast the cumin seeds.
▪ Coarsely crush with rolling pin or mortar and pestle.
▪ Mix yogurt, cucumber, red chilli powder, salt and pepper and roasted and crushed cumin seeds.
I hope you relish this as much as I do!