Little tangy and with flavors or pepper and sea salt, these baby carrots are perfect side dish, starter or great finger food for your little ones. I love carrots but never got baby carrots – it all started when my little one was teething. So almost every other day I use to get loads of carrots and then started exploring baby carrots with flavors.
This isn’t one of those exquisite dish, but it’s full of flavors, roasted till perfectons, blended with some olive oil and butter and tastes delicious.
If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning around, you could use vinegar but I prefer lemon pepper seasoning!
▪ 1 cup baby carrots, washed and dried
▪ 1 teaspoon olive oil
▪ 1 teaspoon butter
▪ 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Few spinach leaves to garnish (optional)
▪ Preheat oven to 400F/200C
▪ In a big mirowave safe bowl, add carrots, olive oil, butter, lemon pepper seasoning, salt to taste and mix well.
▪ Microwave for 30 seconds until butter melts.
▪ Cover and shake for a minute or so or untill mixed well.
▪ Grease the baking tray and neatly spread the carrots.
▪ Roast for 20 minutes, turning once in between to get an even color.
▪ Keep an eye after 15 minutes as baking time differs from oven to oven
▪ Once done, let it stand for a minute. Garnish with spinach leaves and serve on its own with a dip!