There is nothing like a freshly prepared accompaniment – guacamole is one of them! Simple to prepare and tastes great with chips, rice and beans or as a spread. You can choose the texture you desire, the one prepared here is not creamy but coarsely grinded to get a nice texture. We consume gucamole a lot but nothing compared to the one prepared at home. I’ve used progressive herb chopper to prepare this. You can use hand blender for creamy texture or can even mash using potato masher for a little coarse texture or can even mash by spoon.
Guacamole is a high calorie food but at the same time it is very low in saturated fat. It is also a good source of monosaturaed fat thus reducing the cholesterol levels and keeping the blood sugar levels in control.
▪ 3 riped avacado
▪ 1 medium tomato
▪ 1 small white onion
▪ 1 jalepeno pepper
▪ 2 tablespoon cilantro leaves (optional)
▪ Juice of 2 small lemon/1 big lemon
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Scoop out the avacado and coat with some lemon juice to avoid it turning black (retain some for later use).
▪ In herb chopper, mix avacado, tomato, onion, jalapeño pepper and cilantro leaves to get a desired texture
▪ Add salt and lemon juice and mix well
(This gives one big bowl of guacamole. To keep it fresh for next few days, add a layer of water on top and store in an air tight container. Remove water before consumption. You can also use lemon juice in place of water to store it)