Tangy and sour flavor of lemons with a crusty base makes this a perfect desert for any meal. Lemon pie is a variation of tart. It has a pastry like shell with a lemon flavored filling and tastes great with coffee, snacks or even as an after food desert.
|Ingredients| to make two 4″pies
▪ 3/4 stick unsalted butter
▪ 1 cup all purpose flour
▪ 2 teaspoon brown sugar
▪ 2 teaspoon confectioners sugar + for dusting.
▪ Pinch of salt.
▪ 2 Eggs
▪ 1 cup granulated sugar
▪ 1 teaspoon lemon zest
▪ Juice of 4 lemons
▪ Preheat oven to 350F.
▪ Grease two 4″ pie maker/any tin of your choice. I layered the inside with aluminium foil so that it easily comes out bit this is optional depending on the tin you are using.
▪ In using an electric mixer, mix unsalted butter, brown sugar, confectioners sugar and salt until a dough is formed. The dough should be soft and no cracks should appear.
▪ Bake for 20-25 minutes untill it appears golden brown.
▪ Reduce the oven temperature to 280F
▪ In the electric mixer, mix eggs and sugar for two minutes.
▪ Add in lemon juice and zest and mix well.
▪ Pour filling over the crust (no need to cool the crust) and bake for 30 minutes.
▪ Keep a check after 25 minutes as baking time differs from oven to oven.
▪ Let it stand for few minutes and then refrigerate for atleast two – three hours.
▪ Dust with confectioners sugar before serving!