Super delicious, healthy, full of nuts and blueberries – this crumble is great dessert with least effort and ofcourse tastes great. I love the random look of this crumble. Add a scoop of ice cream to make your perfect combination! I love it without ice cream as I’m not a ice cream lover!
This recipe can be easily customised as per your choice – instead of blueberries you can use any berry of your choice. I used mixed nuts but you can use the nuts you like! I’ve baked these in mini serving dishes which suit one person with one serving, you can use big dish or small dishes, depending how you like it being served!
|Ingredients| – to make four small servings
▪ 2 cup blueberries
▪ 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
▪ 1/2 teaspoon all purpose flour
▪ 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
▪ 1 table spoon cold butter
▪ 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
▪ 1/4 cup oats and cornmeal mixed (or either of these)
▪ 1/4 cup all purpose flour
▪ 1/4 cup brown sugar
▪ 1/3 cup choice of nuts, randomly chopped (I used almonds and toasted flax seeds)
▪ Preheat oven to 375F
▪ Grease the baking dish. I used four 4″-5″ different shaped dishes to bake separately.
▪ Mix blueberries, sugar, multipurpose flour and lemon juice together. Keep aside.
▪ Mix together oats, cornmeal, brown sugar, salt, all purpose flour.
▪ Add the nuts and finally add butter. Mix with your hands until mixed properly.
▪ You should get a texture where you can hold the mixture by your hands when pressed together.
▪ Place whole blueberries in baking dishes and completely cover the base so as to get a layer of blueberries.
▪ Randomly cut some cold butter and scatter on top of the blueberries.
▪ Hold together mixture of prepared crumble and scatter on top of the blueberries.
▪ Bake for 40-45 mintues or until you see little bubbles.
Make sure to keep a check after 35 minutes as baking time differs from oven to oven.
▪ Serve hot with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.