Prepared fresh at home, whole green gram lentil is full of protien, tossed with some vegetables and with dash of lemon, this salad is great for breakfast or a snack!
Making sprouts at home requires little planning before time so that the sprouts are ready in time. I soak my lentils every three days so I get a continuous supply of sprouts through the week. I’ve added onion, deseeded tomatoes, chillies, spinach, coriander and lemon juice.
▪ 1 cup whole green gram lentil
▪ 1 onion, medium finely chopped
▪ 1 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
▪ 1/2 cup shredded spinach leaves
▪ 1 teaspoon green chillies, finely chopped
▪ Juice of 2 lemon
▪ 1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Soak lentils in three times the water for 8-10 hours
▪ Drain the lentils in colander and keep it covered for 8-10 hours in a warm place. If you have cottage cheese cloth/muslin cloth, you could tie in there and then keep in a warm place
▪ After 10 hours, your lentils should have sprouted.
▪ Add finely chopped onions, deseeded choppes tomatoes, green chillies and season with salt.
▪ Mix well and finely add spinach and lemon juice.
▪ Mix well and refrigerate for an hour before serving.