Baby carrots, full of Vitamin A and rich in antioxidants, this side dish is full of goodness and taste. Steamed and cooked with basic spices and flavored with spinach and onions, the complete dish has a low glycemic index.
I’ve steamed the carrots but you can choose the best way you like it. This is again a very quick and easy recipe prepared in minutes.
▪ 1 cup baby carrots
▪ 1 medium onion, finely chopped
▪ 1 cup spinach leaves, finely chopped
▪ 1 teaspoon grated ginger
▪ 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
▪ 1 teaspoon coriander powder
▪ 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
▪ 1-2 teaspoon of oil
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Steam carrots untill fully cooked.
▪ Heat oil in a pan, and add cumin seeds once hot.
▪ Add ginger and onion and saute until light brown.
▪ Add all the dry spices and baby carrots and cook on medium to high heat for 5-10 minutes uncovered.
▪ Once the spices are blended well with carrots, add spinach and let it cook another for another 3-5 minutes.
▪ Serve hot.