I prepared this as quick evening snack for my family. I bought these mini multigrain french bread for soup few days back and still had quite a few left.
You just need a can of garbanzo beans and some cheese and herbs to make these. I used low fat kraft cheese slices and some cilantro and pepper for garnishing. They came out really well and can be prepared in advance for any event and baked when needed. My little one loved it and he liked the simple flavors too. Ofcouse, this is open to innovations and you can add any topping you like! I wanted to add feta cheese which tastes good with garbanzo beans but had to use what was readily available!
▪ 10 multigrain french bread
▪ 1/2 can of garbanzo beans
▪ 1/3 cup of peppers julienne for garnishing
▪ 4 slices of low fat kraft cheese or any cheese of your choice
▪ Cilantro leaves for garnishing
▪ 1 teaspoon lemon juice
▪ 2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
▪ Salt and pepper to taste
▪ Preheat Oven to 350F
▪ Drain garbanzo beans out of the can and let it dry.
▪ Add salt and pepper to taste and add basil leaves
▪ Add lemon juice and mix well
▪ Cut cheese slices into small pieces as per bread size.
▪ Layer bread with garbanzo beans and top it up with more cheese (I used small cheese strips)
▪ Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cheese melts
▪ Garnish with cilantro leaves and some pepper julienne and serve hot