Marinated in dill, feta cheese and greek yogurt… sautéed until roasted, packed tightly along with some roasted vegetables in a multigrain wrap and layers of spinach this came out as a low carbohydrates dinner and an awesome meal! The dish satisfies all our sweet sour and tangy taste buds with mild Mediterranean flavors.
I got Multigrain wraps from the market but you can use the one you like or a regular Indian flatbread. Cottage cheese is marinated for a few hours and tastes and smells divine when roasted. The veggies are again juicy peppers with some red onion and with layers of baby spinach.
For marination –
▪ 3/4 cup cottage cheese, cut into thin small rectangles
▪ 4 tablespoon greek yogurt
▪ 4 tablespoon low fat feta cheese
▪ 2 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
▪ 1 teaspoon olive oil
For the filling:
▪ 1 cup vegetable Julians – mixed pepper, onion and mushroom (optional)
▪ 1 teaspoon oil
▪ 2 multigrain wraps or any flatbread of your choice
▪ 8-10 spinach leaves
▪ Salt to taste
▪ Mix greek yogurt, feta cheese and olive oil until a smooth texture is achieved.
▪ Add dill and mix well. Keep 2 teaspoon aside.
▪ Marinate the cut cottage cheese with prepared mixture and refrigerate for atleast an hour.
▪ In a pan heat oil and sauté vegetables until semi cooked but still crunchy. Add salt to taste.
▪ Remove and in the same pan sauté the marinated cottage cheese, using little oil if required. Saute until you get nice aroma and nice color.
▪ Preheat broiler.
▪ Dry warm the wrap on the skillet and remove.
▪ Spread some prepared marinated mixture and a layer of spinach leaves.
▪ Layer with cottage cheese and roasted vegetables.
▪ Keep in broiler for 2 -3 minutes.
▪ Roll into a tight wrap and serve immediately.
(If you prefer a soft roll, avoid keeping in broiler)