Butterless, eggless, wholewheat marble cake – yeah, this sounds like a indulgence when your taste buds want something sweet and you want it real quick – like something in three minutes! This marble wholewheat cake in a mug just says it all. Made with very few ingredients and super quick to make. This microwave cake is an answer for a quick, super moist cake!!
This came out after my son demanded a cake over weekend, he dosent like pure chocolate cake so I decided to give it a marble cake touch. Came out super moist and super light. I added few pieces of coconut filled tropical dark chocolate in the end and that added to the flavor! Even though I prepared this quick microwave mug cake for him, this was a complete guilt free indulgence for us too!
|Ingredients| (I used a big cup, so half the quantity if you are using a small cup)
▪ 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
▪ 1/2 cup low fat milk
▪ 3 tablespoon sugar
▪ 2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
▪ 4 tablespoon olive oil or any other oil
▪ 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
▪ 1/4 teaspoon salt
▪ Few pieces of chocolate of your choice (I used coconut filled dark chocolate – optional)
▪ Spray little oil in the mug.
▪ Mix the whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
▪ Add olive oil and milk and mix well.
▪ Pour 3/4 of the batter into the mug.
▪ Add cocoa powder to the remaining batter and mix well.
▪ Pour into the mug stirring very gently.
▪ Microwave for 3 minutes on full power (check after 2 minutes though).
▪ Add pieces of chocolate and microwave for another 30 seconds
▪ Serve warm in the mug!