Served cold or hot, this comes because of first harvest from my tomato plant and lots at my friend’s garden. I got my first tomato harvest a few days ago and at the same time my friend gave me lot of tomatoes from her harvest. These plants were planted nearly 10 weeks ago and finally I see some fruits coming out!
We had them plain, sometimes a little salted but I still had few left so thought of making this pasta salad. I sautéed the tomatoes on high heat with loads of garlic, blanched and chopped spinach, olive oil and garlic salt. The flavors came out awesome and even my little one liked the flavors. Serve it hot or cold, prepare in advance or serve immediatly, it’s a quick evening snack or even serves as a complete meal! I’ve used whole wheat pasta so the colour is little dark but you will get great colors if you choose to use enriched wheat flour pasta.
▪ 1 cup cherry tomatoes
▪ 1 cup boiled pasta as per manufacturer’s directions
▪ 2 teaspoon basil pesto
▪ 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
▪ 4 tablespoon blanched and chopped spinach
▪ 2 teaspoon olive oil
▪ 1 teaspoon garlic salt
▪ Heat oil in the pan and once hot add garlic
▪ Saute for sometime and add tomatoes and saute on high flame for 3-5 minutes stirring in between
▪ Add garlic salt, chopped spinach and mix well
▪ Add pasta and basil pesto and mix well and cook for another 2 minutes
▪ Serve hot or cold!