I still remember the first time i had blueberry muffins in London at Costa cafe with a hot cup of cappuccino. It became my favorite muffin straight away and till date blueberry muffins are my favorite, second being lemon!
These ones I baked for a birthday party, and are actually cupcakes. Super soft and super spongy – they taste divine with juicy blueberries. For these cupcakes I’ve used a mixture of enriched wheat flour as well as whole wheat flour, to make it a little less dense and to make it taste as close to the one I originally had! Not everyone likes the texture of wholewheat flour!
This one is a quick recipe again but cupcakes and muffins are perfect only if they are perfectly baked… neither a little less nor a little more!
|Ingredients|– makes about 24 cupcakes
▪ 1/2 cup enriched wheat flour
▪ 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
▪ 1/2 cup powdered sugar
▪ 1/4 cup olive oil
▪ 1/4 cup milk
▪ 2 eggs
▪ 1/2 can of blueberries or fresh blueberries
▪ 1 teaspoon baking powder
▪ 1/4 teaspoon salt
▪ Preheat oven to 375F
▪ Put cupcake liners on the cupcake tray.
▪ Drain blueberries and rinse throughly in a colander.
▪ In a food processor or in a bowl, mix egg, sugar milk and olive oil until well mixed
▪ Add both the flour, baking powder and salt and mix in well.
▪ Take it out in a bowl and fold in blueberries very gently.
▪ Pour the mixture, filling 3/4 of each cup.
▪ Bake for 15-20 minutes but keep a check after 15 mintues as baking time differs from oven to oven.
▪ Bake until golden brown.
Love blueberries? Try blueberry nutty crumble!