Creamy broccoli cheese puffs came out of the oven when I decided to use crossaint pasty sheet to make a puff and use my broccoli florets. Super soft and yet flaky, filled with finely chopped broccoli, cream cheese and Jack Monterrey cheese turned out to be a great evening snack and a good option for my little one too.
Mostly I try and use whole wheat flour and replace the enriched wheat flour but this time I gave a try with the ready pasty flour and the result was great. You can replace broccoli with mushroom or even mixed vegetables or with any choice of your vegetables. Baked for 30 minutes with a five minutes preparation, this is a great quick bite!
▪ 1 cup broccoli florets
▪ 1/2 sheet of rolled croissant pasty
▪ 2 teaspoon low fat cream cheese
▪ 4 teaspoon grated jack Monterrey cheese
▪ Salt and pepper
▪ Preheat oven to 350F
▪ Finely chop the broccoli in a salsa maker or food processor
▪ Mix in cheese and microwave for 60 seconds
▪ Mix well and add salt and pepper to taste
▪ Roll out half the pasty sheet and cut 16 small squares
Keep the filling on eight squares and cover with another piece
▪ Line a baking tray with baking sheet and arrange puffs evenly spaced out
▪ Bake for 25-30 minutes or until brown and done.
▪ Serve hot or at room temperature!