A quick bite on a relaxed morning which needs just a few minutes preparation and few ingredients! Mozzarella cheese sandwich with pesto and tomato, sprinkled with some butter and grilled until crispy, makes a great breakfast or brunch for a lazy morning!
I’ve used tomato slices, generously grated mozzarella cheese, basil and sprinkled some butter- readily available four ingredients in our pantry!
▪ 4 slices of wholewheat bread (I’ve used Pepperidge Farm extra thin)
▪ 2 slices of mozzarella cheese/1/2 – 2/3 cup of grated mozzarella cheese(I’ve cut thick slices)
▪ 3-4 teaspoon of basil pesto
▪ 2 teaspoon butter, cut into small pieces
▪ 1 big tomato, thinly sliced.
▪ Apply pesto generously on all bread slices.
▪ Layer with tomotoes and cheese slices
▪ Spread very little pesto again a scatter few peices of butter
▪ Close sandwich with remaining bread slices, apply butter on top and grill until crisp.