So after nearly months of not baking much except few blueberry muffins, this clear asparagus coriander soup comes as a special recipe for me because this is the first time i used my new philips soup maker which was gifted by my sister.
It took me few months to give a kick start using this soup maker because I wasn’t very sure about the texture, taste and ofcourse the one button processing.
The asparagus soup is flavored with lot of fresh coriander, garlic, onion and lemon! It tastes fresh and ofcourse is very healthy! I used very little parmesan cheese but adding a lot of parmesan cheese would make it a creamy soup!
▪ 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped into small pieces and tips kept aside
▪ 1 cup fresh cilantro/coriander
▪ 1 medium red onion, sliced
▪ 2 teaspoon chopped garlic
▪ 1/4 – 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
▪ 2 cups vegetable stock
▪ 1 teaspoon olive oil
▪ 1 teaspoon garlic powder
▪ Juice of one lemon
▪ crushed pepper for seasoning
▪ Salt to taste
▪ In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and onion for few minutes.
▪ Add in chopped asparagus and saute for few minutes
▪ Add coriander, garlic powder and salt to taste and the vegetable stock
▪ Add in parmesan cheese, mix well and keep on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively – I poured the entire mixture to the soup maker and it was ready in 20 minutes.
▪ Remove from heat and puree it with a blender and strain it to remove the fibres.
▪ Stir fry the tips and add it to the soup. Add in lemon, garnish with crushed pepper and serve hot!!